Masthead header

Amber & Blake’s Malibou Lake Wedding

Amber & Blake are two of the most down-to-earth, genuine people I’ve had the good fortune of getting to know.  I looked forward to their wedding day since we first met and just knew it would be something special.  I couldn’t have been more right.  They both started the day off completely calm and in high spirits and really just enjoyed every moment of their wedding day.  It was a pleasure to witness.

Hello Adorable!

Gosh Amber is such a beautiful girl, inside and out.

The ceremony.

This was a first for me.  Amber & Blake had a special ring ceremony called the warming of the rings.  The little ring dish was passed from loved one to loved one to silently warm with their love and best wishes before finally making their way to the couple’s hands.  Very sweet.

Blake LOVES baseball so they incorporated his favorite pastime into the wedding.

I may have said this before but the kids in this wedding party really were something special.  They were the best sports all day long and smiled for every single picture.  Not to mention the fact that all four of them are super cute!

Party time!

Some more amazing details from Amber & Blake’s gorgeous wedding.

A special thanks to Amanda Patrice for helping me with this wedding!

Ceremony/Reception Venue:  Malibou Lake

Florist:  A Beautiful Day Productions

Catering:  Truly Yours Catering

Cake: A Sweet Design

Wedding Gown: Alfred Angelo

DJ: Royal Entertainment

Hair & Makeup: Blowlux

Eva - July 30, 2012 - 12:56 pm

Wow, I am amazed by the fantastic quality of your pictures! I’m curious to know how you handled the lighting so well? I’m a photoshop gal, but I don’t know camera raw as much as I wish. There are pictures here where the sun would normally ruin the photo, but somehow you used it to make a gorgeous picture! This might be sharing your trade secrets, but what are your typical photoshop/camera raw actions that you make for most pictures? I’d love to know for my own pictures I take for my store bananabunch.etys.com.

Andrea Juarez - July 30, 2012 - 8:16 am

Amazing pictures! They really capture how special and amazing the night was. Best wedding ever!!!

Keith Honea - July 27, 2012 - 9:14 pm

Congratulations! Great pictures of a great wedding:)

Jeremy - July 27, 2012 - 5:22 pm

You captured my sisters wedding flawlessly! She couldn’t have chosen a better photographer, because of you she will have beautiful memories of this day for a lifetime.

Laney - July 27, 2012 - 5:19 pm

Beautiful photos! I plan on booking a maternity shoot with you in the next few months! :) I can’t get enough of your work!

Darla - July 27, 2012 - 4:50 pm

Beautiful..Just like you. Congrats on a beautiful day.

Dawn Honea - July 27, 2012 - 11:57 am

Love the pictures and love you both! Congratulations!!! Xoxo

Joy - July 27, 2012 - 10:17 am

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love Amber’s face when Blake is taking off the garter!

Scott Contreras - July 27, 2012 - 10:15 am

thanks cousin for having us in your wedding ! I Love the pictures Love Scott

Carrie - July 27, 2012 - 10:05 am

Such an amazing and beautiful wedding…..love you both sooo very much and so blessed to have been apart of it!!!!

Lori - July 27, 2012 - 9:51 am

Unbelievable pictures Amber and Blake. Love them all.

Rosie - July 27, 2012 - 8:04 am

Gorgeous Photos, love them. A great day to remember!

Wendy - July 27, 2012 - 6:14 am

Beautiful pictures of the two most wonderful people I know…congrats Blake & Amber!

Emy - July 27, 2012 - 6:12 am

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!! I love the pictures! What a perfect day for you both. Congratulations Blake and Amber! You two are just beautiful together!

Tracy - July 26, 2012 - 10:24 pm

I love all the photos they came out so beautiful! Congratulations Blake & Amber love you both!

christina - July 26, 2012 - 9:34 pm

WOW, simply priceless…….Love all of the pictures Amber& Blake……

Blake Roderick - July 26, 2012 - 9:32 pm

My wife is gorgeous I’m such a lucky man. We had the best wedding of all time!

Joni - July 26, 2012 - 9:31 pm

Gorgeous Bride and Groom, so much detail beautiful. The Photography is amazing.

Rose - July 26, 2012 - 9:28 pm

Beautiful couple and a Beautiful wedding.

Jessie - July 26, 2012 - 7:08 pm

Hey Melissa! I’m Amber’s friend Jessie. I was one of her bridesmaids. I noticed you had a cool hand/wrist strap for your camera when you were shooting the wedding. I really liked that. It’s much less baggage then the whole neck strap. I was wondering where you got it? I looked on amazon but didn’t see one I liked as much as I liked yours. Any tips on finding a good one, would be great! Thanks!

Daniel - July 26, 2012 - 5:05 pm

Cool pictures and a really fun wedding.

Aunt Lori - July 26, 2012 - 5:03 pm

Beautiful pictures and great wedding…..

Daniel - July 26, 2012 - 4:55 pm

These pictures are amazing. My sister the prettiest Bride I have ever laid eyes on. Blake you look pretty amazing too!..I had the best time of my life at this wedding.

Aunt Kathy - July 26, 2012 - 4:44 pm

The pictures are amazing. I love you both……

Daniel - July 26, 2012 - 4:41 pm

My sister is the prettiest Bride I have ever laid eyes on. And Blake you look pretty amazing too!.The best pictures ever.

Sara - July 24, 2012 - 2:04 pm

The pictures are great! the bride and groom look awesome in all of them! i love how everything was photographed, from the little things to the most important ones.

RaNae - July 20, 2012 - 10:30 pm

Thanks for sharing these photos with me. Amber dear you are a flawless beauty. I am so happy that you have found a good man to marry. I am so happy for each of you girls, you, Jessie and Katie to have found such wonderful men to marry. You girls are truly blessed with love and friendship. Blake is a lucky man. Congratulations to you both.

Rachel - July 20, 2012 - 10:18 pm

These pictures are beautiful! Amber and Blake, congratulations. Your photographer did an amazing job and you guys look so happy!

Ian - July 20, 2012 - 10:15 pm

These are beautiful. Best wedding photos I’ve ever seen. Amber you are beautiful. Blake you are the most handsome guy ever!

Jessie - July 20, 2012 - 10:14 pm

Amber and Melissa, these photos are so beautiful. I can’t stop myself from looking at them! They just take my breath away. The little moments you have captured here are just so priceless. I can really feel the love on this beautiful day. Thank you Melissa for doing such an amazing job! Amber, you are just stunning!!! I am so glad you found Melissa! Congratulations to you and Blake!

Nathaniel - July 14, 2012 - 7:29 am

The pictures are wonderful. Had the most fun at this wedding.

admin - July 12, 2012 - 1:39 am

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for the lovely words about my photography. Having Amber & Blake in front of my camera is always a pleasure!

These are not HDR images in the usual sense of the term. Most HDR images are created from multiple exposures that are then merged together in post-processing to become a single image with the higher dynamic range than most cameras will give you in a single image capture. None of that has been done here. Every image shown is just one capture with some basic editing that adds a bit of contrast and vibrance but it hasn’t changed or added any tonal mapping. I like to push the limits a little bit on brightness and color without going overboard but I don’t use any actual HDR methods in most of my work. To answer your question, I shoot primarily with a Nikon D700 and do most of my editing in Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw. If you happened to see the same-day slideshow at the wedding, those were quickly looked at and adjusted in Lightroom only before they were put on display.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Stephanie - July 11, 2012 - 12:31 pm

A few comments on these outstanding wedding photos. (1) The pictures are the “highest dynamic range” photos I have ever seen in my life. Look up “HDR photography” if you don’t know how dynamic range makes both /*DARK*/ and /*BRIGHT*/ areas clearly visible, just as the human eye sees them. What camera and post-processing was used to create these pictures. Utterly remarkable and unbelievable (2) The topical selection and subject composition is ultra-professional. (3) My husband (Warren) and grand-daughter (Maryann) appear in one picture that is posted. Comment (3) alone, makes the pictures fantastic!

Warren - July 11, 2012 - 11:13 am

You make such a darling couple. The pictures are lovely. Some of the best wedding photos I have ever seen!

Caleb - July 10, 2012 - 7:51 pm

Great photos! Thanks so much for helping make this day that much more memorable.

Natalia Solorio - July 10, 2012 - 7:17 pm

There couple’s big day was captured flawlessly!

Shirley - July 10, 2012 - 5:25 pm

Beautiful Melissa, you captured true love and happiness in every single photo. i Love these two and love your work. It is amazing.

Mallary - July 10, 2012 - 3:21 pm

Just plain gorgeous Melissa!!!

Jenny b - July 10, 2012 - 10:24 am

These pictures are gorgeous! Amber you were a BEAUTIFUL bride, and Blake was a handsome groom…the perfect pair!! :-) xoxo

The bride :) - July 10, 2012 - 9:40 am

Melissa you never cease to amaze me with your photography skills! I am absolutely in love with each one of these photos, there is a little sparkle of something that stands out to me in every photo. You have capture some wonderful moments and every time i look at the picture i’m taken right back to that special moment. You captured the love, the fun and the happiness we all felt that day. By the way, can my husband be any more handsome?! Gush… love that guy!

Harmony - June 28, 2012 - 6:26 am

Gorgeous photos….and so fun….love that!!!

Katie - June 27, 2012 - 12:01 pm

MM you’ve done it again! Thanks for the gorgeous pictures/collages.. and for sharing and capturing such a beautiful day with us!

amber - June 27, 2012 - 8:40 am

once again your skills are blowing me away. beautiful photos my dear!

[Reply]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *